Bodies, Fixtures and Rims need Preview Thumbnails. These are light weight objects that we load at startup to know what items we have in game. If an item has no preview, it will not load. These previews have weak references to the actual Bodies, Rims, Fixtures so we only need to load them as required. Saving memory and longer initial load times.
Making a Thumbnail
- Open ThumbnailGenerator Level
- Select The Fixture or Body Thumbnail Generator in the Scene
- Clear the list of items for it to generate
- Add in the Car/Fixture/Rim you want to generate
- Simulate from the Play Drop Down
- Re select the Thumbnail generator
- Hit Export Preview
- A new thumbnails folder should appear, alongside your asset. Make sure they have been saved.
- Job done.